THink Treatment Theory Module
The THink Treatment Theory Module contains the common theoretical knowledge required as a part of the treatment electives for the Diploma of Cosmetic Tattooing. It has been designed as a part of THink's structure for SHB50321 Diploma of Cosmetic Tattooing as the first step in completing the treatment electives.
In the practical units there is still a significant theory component, however a lot of it is repeated for each practical elective. You don’t want to do this theory component three (or more) times! For this reason, THink Aesthetics has developed the Treatment Theory Module, and you only need to do this once to cover you for each of the five treatment electives.
What is in it? There is a mixture of new content and some revision. The module is designed to meet course requirements, and any revision is on essential topics. The subject are:
- Regulations (for each state and territory), disputes, claims, liability, and insurances
- Policies and procedures (e.g., deposits and cancellations, photography)
- Workplace health & safety requirements (e.g., hazards, immunizations)
- Anaesthetics overview (OK, this is revision)
- Skin conditions and contraindications (includes some special conditions)
- Treatment options (machine types, microblades, needle types)
- Cosmetic tattooing techniques (includes ratios, methods, pigment retention)
- Aftercare (in depth, including brows, lips, eyeliner)
- Operating a cosmetic tattoo business (scope, setup, council, equipment, buying a business)
Without completing this module, you won’t be able to progress to the treatment units.
Have a question?
We're here to help! Get in contact with someone from the THink Aesthetics team.