This Nationally Accredited Course teaches you all the fundamental skills and techniques required to start your journey toward being a great cosmetic tattooist. It requires the ability to consult with clients, design the tattoo, and select pigments and equipment to tattoo lips, eyebrows and eye liner.
SHBBSKS003 Design and Provide Cosmetic Tattooing is an elective in SHB50115 Diploma of Beauty Therapy.
$1000 Deposit is required to secure your training - please select the deposit option and we will contact you to organise the rest. The remaining amount is due prior to course commencement unless paying via an approved payment plan.
WHO SHOULD COMPLETE THE COURSE:
This course is suitable for:
- Cosmetic Tattooists looking to do a Nationally Recognised Course
- Healthcare Professionals
- Beauty Therapists
The course is delivered by both online pre-learning and face-to-face at THink Aesthetics.
You will complete 4 1/2 to 6 1/2 days of non-consecutive in-class training and,
7x Online Modules (10-15 hours) to be completed in advance.
Self directed, at home practice is encouraged (approximately 20 hours)
- Self Learning: 7x Online Modules (30-40 hrs) to be completed at home prior to attending practical training
- 1/2 Day brow mapping class; face shape, brow design, and different mapping methods
- Day 1: Theory; consultation, health and safety, colours and equipment
- Self Practice: 20-30 hrs of practice on latex required before practical procedures on live models
- Day 2: Eyeliner procedure on 2x live models
- Day 3: Lip line and blend procedure on 2x live models
- Day 4: Machine feather stroke, ombre or powder brow procedure on 2x live models (choose one technique)
- Day 5 and 6: Case Studies; student to arrange own models/clients onsite and perform procedures by themselves with trainer consults available. (optional)
- A fully comprehensive training manual.
- A beginners kit to include enough for 5-10 procedures.
- Hands on practical training with models.
- We offer trainer support via email and phone calls during work hours.
- Statement of attainment on completion*
- SHBBINF001 Maintain infection control standards.
- Recognition of Prior Learning is also available for those who already have a nationally recognised infection control certificate, please enquire within.
- Basic language, literacy and numeracy skills in English (LLN)
- Unique Student identifier (USI). Please refer to the student enrolment form for more details regarding a USI Number.
- Models for Cosmetic Tattooing practice: Students who are able to supply their own models benefit more as it provides more opportunity for practice of skills. If you are interstate we will supply all your models during your training.
- Access to a PC computer or tablet device with internet access and chrome internet browser.
- Machine is not included in this course. We do offer world class Nouveau Contour Digital Machines or Bomtech Digital Machines
- Please refer to our Student Manual located on our website for information regarding our courses.
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (07) 3300 0465 to organise enrolment, invoices and course training dates.
- We do require a deposit of $1,000 to confirm training dates and to start your online modules.
- Once you have paid your deposit for the course you will also need to complete our enrolment form. Please click Student Enrolment Form to open up the enrolment form.
- Once the enrolment form is completed the online modules will be opened and you can commence your online learning.
- Please note enrolments will only be handled during business hours Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
- The online modules must be complete before commencing your theory day.
*Our staff will assist you in every way they can to ensure you perform to the best of your ability and successfully complete SHBBSKS003 Design and Provide Cosmetic Tattooing. THink is, however, unable to guarantee you will be issued with a certificate of completion nor obtain a particular employment outcome.
Recognition of Prior Learning is also available for $1,500.